Tuesday, 18 March 2008

From womb to the world...

It was a brilliant start of the year 2007, to discover I was pregnant. I felt blessed by the almighty.

My first appointment with the GP and the midwife schedule. The much anticipated first scan on 27th April 2007 (three months). Rahul and I eagerly waited for our turn, to see our baby. It was a sheer bliss and could not stop tears trickling down my cheeks!! It was emotional to hear the little heartbeat flickering on the screen. Incredible technology!!. Just fifteen minutes was too less for the introduction. We were dancing with joy for these photos and broke the news to friends and family with great excitement!!! The words of cautions from all were endles.

Pregnancy came with its pampering morning sickness-thou not much and yummy food cravings. My Chef hubby had to be unique and excite me and baby always. He did do the job very well.
Lucky me!!!

I think , there's the feeling that you're looked after. Not just by your husband, but by your parents, in-laws, by your friends, by everybody no matter they live close or miles and miles away.

I was enjoying it. I enjoyed the newness of it, enjoyed thinking of the baby.

Sometimes I felt really low. I think during pregnancy you have more extremes of emotion. You get more easily upset about things, and you can more easily get very happy about things. I remember when I just went into tears while washing dishes.

The second scan, 11th June 2007, was a little tense as they would check for the general growth of the little one. All were assessed, and the result was all clear with long legs. We were ecstatic and glued to the screen!! The little one is playinng a mischief was the verdict by the obstetric.Glad we did not find out the sex and thought to leave it for a sweet surprise, although my gut feeling was it's a girl.


Time was just going slowly managing with full time job and doing everything on my own from chopping to cooking, washing to ironing, mopping to vacuuming and at the same time telling myself that I’m supposed to be conserving my energy but hey-ho. No rest for the wicked!!

Mummy arrived from India on 1st October. To be a part of our celebration.

Hooray! my due date arrived at last (20th October 2007) baby was ready to be born - but many first babies like to hang on in there for a while (Aditi was definitely one of them.). Two weeks passed by and no sign of baby to arrive, was tied of answering calls and text messages from anxious family and friends. Finally Kathy Penny (midwife) who was great support throughout the nine months booked me for induction.

Birth Day!!! Rahul, Mummy and myself left for hospital at 7:30am ( I did my pooja, took his blessings and prayed for everything to go well, I am firm believer of Gayatri Mantra). I was induced at 8:00am and our gorgeous baby girl, Aditi opened her eyes into this beautiful world at 7:48pm, 3rd November 2007.




I loved every second, every minute of being pregnant. It was really a very beautiful and wonderful feeling.

It was like being drunk. I felt so special, so full of myself and what i'd done and welcomed ourselves to the world of Parenthood.